Keep reading as I break down what this website is all about and what it can do for you and your students.
Who Can Use The Site:
Anyone really! Although it was created primarily for teachers, parents, and students, however, homeschoolers would also greatly benefit. The best news is that Learnzillion is 100% FREE to use. School districts also have the option of purchasing a premium membership.
Who Makes The Videos:
A “Dream Team”. LearnZillion videos are created by a special group of 200 teachers called the “Dream Team”. This group of exceptional teachers are hand selected from a large group of candidates applying for the position. They come from over 42 different states and represent district, private, public, and charter school teachers.
How Do I Get started:
- You can watch the videos as inspiration, or a way to find a new approach to teaching a specific standard
- You can assign specific videos to students that are absent and need to catch up on material
- You can assign specific videos to students that might need remediation
- You can play the video whole class as an introduction or review
- You can recommend videos to parents that would like to help their child but don’t understand the material
- You can use the video as a small group activity